[Bug] Beta light flashes

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
As the title says. Flashes of light from an unknown origin. I have seen them before in beta freeplay too, both under and over ground.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Is it at 0:06 when the right light slightly flashes? If so, they were probably programmed or something else.
The light flashed there repeatedly. I don't know why. I have had this in freeplay too. In both the overworld and underground things flashing bright for some reason.

MedinB

Colony
The light flashed there repeatedly. I don't know why. I have had this in freeplay too. In both the overworld and underground things flashing bright for some reason.
I'm not sure why you thought this was a bug. I'm 99% sure this was programmed.

MedinB

Colony
The word “issue” bug or whatever. Is stating an important problem. This is not a big problem and I'm waiting for the developers to comment on this.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Another instance of the flashes happening. This time in freeplay and overground.
Especially visible at the end I think?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Ohh, I thought it was detailed add by the developers.
The flashing reminds me of the lighting effect of water. I think the map is build on top of a water map, which may cause this.
Good to know I'm not the only one seeing it in that video.
The initial post had a similar flashing effect, but the second video has it much more visible.
Personally I experience flashing lights to be very distracting. (I may be a bit too photosensetive though.)

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Yet another instance, this time in version 0.2111:
The overground nest entrance has light flashes inside it?

Matt

Worker
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Hey @HofNerd,

thanks for the reports and videos. Can I ask what video settings you've got active in these videos?

Thanks
Matt