[Bug] Some extremis black ant diggers forget to go to the queen

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I think some ants were programmed to stay there. Like reinforcements.
They were a part of the original digging squad. When all digging was done they just moved back and stayed there. I don't think that was supposed to happen. (I could be wrong about this.)

MedinB

Colony
Well, it is not a big deal. I guess maybe it is a bug but I think John has tested this enough to know if most bugs are fixed.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Logged! Likely an oversight in the level blueprint, or it might be intended behaviour. I'll ask John.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Logged! Likely an oversight in the level blueprint, or it might be intended behaviour. I'll ask John.
It looks like it is triggered by digging out where they were intended to dig near the queen. They end up too far away and don't know what to do next.
(Uncertain about it, but it looks like it.)
I had no ants near the digger group, but their last digging target tile was cleared. They started waiting about.
20200104121136_1.jpg

Edit: repeatable
As soon as the digger ants stop digging they become idle. Normally that happens near the player's queen, but when it doesn't the ants just idle about.

Last edited:

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Just wanted to say somewhere thanks for the crash reporting. I have your crashes and I am going through them today. Along with the information this has been incredibly useful in hunting down the issues. Most of them reside with the large amount of changes made to moment and jumping (the latter was somewhat rushed at the end).

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Tunnellers AI is very basic. I have added in something that should cause them to head to there swarm point (the queen in this case) if they are idle and in the same location as it.