Can we have user made maps

Dave1966

colony on the move
I have a quick question, is it possible to make a few little levels (similar to the Alpha demos) to keep the fans going, I suppose the best would be to create a level where you can go against one or more nests and earn jelly and food, I am sure that you could just use the first two levels to create something and perhaps have an outsider create sub levels a bit like command and conquer where levels were made by players

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I understand the desire for this and the thought has indeed crossed my mind. Once we have launched the leafcutter update I will raise the possibility of adding side missions into the game (provide resources, no narration just an objective) and I will see what comes of that discussion. Any time we spend on stuff like this is time away from core game however so I cannot promise anything.

Additionally I would love to allow people to generate content themselves however level editing has not been made use friendly and is coupled with all the core game at the moment. Making a level editor is something I would love to do but it would requite a lot of thought to manage everything that could go wrong. This is more likely a longer term goal.

Talon

Queen
Additionally I would love to allow people to generate content themselves however level editing has not been made use friendly and is coupled with all the core game at the moment. Making a level editor is something I would love to do but it would requite a lot of thought to manage everything that could go wrong. This is more likely a longer term goal.
Wouldn't make a level editor your work easyier for the next tier-updates too?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Not really - the guys are very familiar with their current setup and very efficient at using it. Turning it into a user-accessible feature would be a months- long endeavour which would delay things a lot, so it's best suited as an end goal.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I feel like a level editor before the full release would be a bit too much of a risk, as any changes to the backend might require changes to the level editor, which could result in a big slow-down.

Last edited:

Dave1966

colony on the move
I understand the desire for this and the thought has indeed crossed my mind. Once we have launched the leafcutter update I will raise the possibility of adding side missions into the game (provide resources, no narration just an objective) and I will see what comes of that discussion. Any time we spend on stuff like this is time away from core game however so I cannot promise anything.

Whilst I have your attention, and I have mentioned this in the past, I do not think I am showing up as a Beta Tester, Could you sort this for me, I purchased this game from Steam, if there is any info you need from me then please ask, cheers mate

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Whilst I have your attention, and I have mentioned this in the past, I do not think I am showing up as a Beta Tester, Could you sort this for me, I purchased this game from Steam, if there is any info you need from me then please ask, cheers mate

On this forum "Beta Tester" refers to people who bought into the beta level back when we were doing our crowdfunding, with one or two exceptions added later. Technically yes, you are all beta testers because we're early access, but on this forum "beta" has a more specific meaning.