Carebara diversa Super Majors

FeaReaper_06

Larva
Backer
I just found out about this type of ant named Carebara diversa(Asian Marauder ants), what's really cool about these ant is that there workers are only 2.5 to 3.5 mm long(same length as a black garden ant) but the Majors/soldiers are 15 mm long, these super majors are huge & workers are known to climbing on the majors as transportation, you can add in the super majors(they would have a butt load of hp & deal a decent amount of damage), they would have a special ability where if any workers are in danger they run to the majors & climb on them & they take 75% less damage while on them. And if you add them to the game then they'd be as large as the tiger beetles.

Also since your adding the bullet ant to the game, how large will the bullet ant be in the game?

Lastly if you mind me asking what month do you find the game will be released?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Aha, a fellow Ants Canada fan I see!

We don't have plans for this species at the moment, but you never know. You mentioned bullet ants - they'll be very big, tanky, high damage units that could fill a similar role.

The exact month we're releasing in isn't quite decided - it'll be pretty much when it's done during the summer (northern hemisphere), but we can't be more specific than that right now. If we've learned one thing in making this game, it's that strict deadlines are pretty much impossible to hit - even really big developers have trouble with them! But have faith, it's on the way and we're working very hard.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I'd rather make this into a soldier with worker abilities. It can "deploy" it's workers to harvest food, milk aphids or dig tunnels while the major protects them - when deployed the minors become individual units until they mount up again at which point they become part of the major and are effectively removed from the game (they can't take damage or do anything while riding the major).
Carebara minors are super tiny (like 1-2mm) I doubt regular (genestealer) workers could properly hitchride on a Carebara major.

FeaReaper_06

Larva
Backer
Well the workers are basically the same size as the black ants which are 3.5 mm long so the major could carry a couple.

Also I know there will be army ants in the game, but I just found out that driver ants are a type of army ant. so will be the army ant, or will there be the "classic" army ant as I call them, the ones with the hook mandibles(Eciton burchellii).

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I think I once saw a model of a Dorylus soldier on the web page.

FeaReaper_06 said:
Well the workers are basically the same size as the black ants which are 3.5 mm long so the major could carry a couple.
The Carebara minors are about 2-3mm, Lasius workers are 3-5mm. It's possible for them to ride but probably not for many of them.