Caves to conquer

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
To keep it interesting there should an optional area where the player can command his or her ants to go to an optional area called the caves of madness. You can access them from the service and when you go inside you will see a bunch of bugs and traps. There should be some goodies for conquering the cavern of madness, I'm going to let you decide what there should be.

On a side note, I think there should be lore about other colonies that were there. Probably in a scent diary by the queen. these are just suggestions.

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I love the name "The caves of madness". Also a "scent diary", that's really awesome.

The idea about conquering underground caverns is really nice. A couple of the demo levels have this feel and we don't want to loose it by having people concentrate too much on overground conquests. We actually have something a little similar on the way into the game, where you do get rewards for clearing out large underground levels - so I couldn't agree with you more about this.

For lore, we want to try to deliver it by way of a narrator, rather than give the impression that the queen is sentient (she is not really in control of the other ants, she is basically just a slave to the colony with the rest of them, a giant egg machine).

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
That scent diary idea reminds me of these hologram scenes from Prometheus (terrible movie but some really cool designs and effects).