Challenge 1: help plz

I love this game so much but I cant pass the first challenge. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Well, first off. How many solders do you have? How much food supplies do you have? Lastly, how many workers do you usually have in the nest to do vital jobs? I remember having trouble with challenge 1 because I had only about 4 workers in the nest and the rest were out fighting.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Make sure you have plenty of black ant soldiers, and upgrade them - spend all your royal jelly for this. Have a good stock of food to replenish your fallen forces, and quickly to to the surface when the scientist drops more. You can repeat missions on higher difficulties or with challenge mode for extra resources.

JuulzGamz

Larva
Thank you everyone for the help! I dont know how to get the royal jelly...so I cant get soldiers. How can i get royal jelly?

pakitane16

Colony
In formicarium mode, you play as a fictional species of ant that can turn into different other ant species.
You get food, jelly and territory by replaying the campaign level (those with number like 1.1 and 1.2), where you use other ant species, different from your formicarium.
Use the reward to build up your formicarium and survive the scientist's scheme in formicarium challenge (FC).
Beating FC will unlock new level and new species for your gene thief ant to turn into. There are currently 3 stages of FC.
You need about 37 lv3 black ants and 500 food to safely clear FC1. People have done it with ereptor workers only, but I wouldn't recommend that for newbie.

pakitane16

Colony
Just replay the campaign level ("New home" and "Subjugation"), they still give reward. Pick Jelly as reward, do it with challenge mode on for more, do it 2-3 times and you have enough to unlock lv3 black ants.

Last edited:

JuulzGamz

Larva
Thank you pakitane16....but I have no idea what you mean? I dont see anywhere a "campaign level" where I can choose a new home and subjugation. And I cant see anywhere that I can pick Jelly as a reward in my options. I can do "freeplay", or the "formacarium" where the challenge is.... I only have worker ants and I need soldiers, but I need the jelly to get the soldiers, but like I say....I just cant figure out where or how to get the jelly :/ and it is making me crazzzy!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
When you're loaded into a Formicarium, in the top left is a menu that allows you to launch levels. It's the second hexagonal-shaped button - I've highlighted it for you here:

LevelSelectFind.jpg

From here, choose a level. To start off with you'll only be able to select 1.1 New Home, 1.2 Subjugation or Formicarium Challenge 1. Select New Home, choose a difficulty for it, and then play the level:

LevelLaunch.jpg

Upon completing the level you will be given rewards of territory (allowing you to dig out more tiles in your formicarium), food (which is dropped on the surface of the formicarium - you'll need to excavate the nest entrance tile to the far north to activate it) and royal jelly, 48 in the example above, which is used to unlock new ants and upgrades for the, from the royal jelly tech tree menu. That menu is the hex with the DNA picture above the level launch menu.

This is all explained in the popups, so make sure you're not ignoring or closing them before you know what information they're giving out:
Tips.jpg

pakitane16

Colony
This is all explained in the popups, so make sure you're not ignoring or closing them before you know what information they're giving

I think you should tell the guys to make important gameplay guide into big pop-up box in the middle of the screen (with a toggle tick box "Don't show this again").

JuulzGamz

Larva
Thank you so much MikeSlugDisco...you changed my whole weekend!! I just never noticed the menu buttons on the top left corner to launch the challenges!! I have completed 1 and 2 now....love love love it. I am so happy thank you!!