Cheat value

Wayne

Larva
Hey! Really enjoy the game. Made it passed all three tests and even completed all the missions on insane....But I really enjoy the leafcutter missions to where I want to screw around on the maps for the fun of it. So whilst the leafcutters are not available in freeplay yet I decided to use cheat engine to change the value of food count the trees give off(press the newly released food button to see values). But i am currrently unable to pull their values in cheat engine. I can see the number ingame. But does not show up in cheat engine? Any help or any other suggestions?

MedinB

Colony
Hmm.... I use it too. Instead of changing the leaves value, change the xxxx/10000 etc value! First do the amout you currently have on the top left of your screen. (REMEMBER TO PAUSE THE GAME) then scan it with the default settings remember to have EOTU selected, then it won't most likely see lots of other things. Try again when it changed pause the game again. Delete the old scan in the scan box then replace it with how much leaves you already collected, keep repeating it until it has 1 left. Then press the red arrow at the bottom and it should appear at the down box. Change it to xxxx/10000(depends on difficulty) then it takes a second then there! You won!(put it on max like 10000/10000 to win.(depends on difficulty.)

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Did the food update break previous levels as well by chance? Also, which food values could you modify before, both corpses and individual pieces of food? What do you need to pull the value via cheat engine?

Something that might help you (not sure how cheat engine works here), the game doesn't treat the whole plants as objects the ants will look at, and I doubt that it's actually a declared variable. Instead, it stores internal values for individual leaves (for example, the 40 leaf saplings are actually two harvestable components, one having 10 leaves and the other having 30 leaves), and these are probably what you need to be accessing and modifying (the 40 value the example plant displays is actually a lie based on the total of the two harvestable components that make up the plant).

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
Thing is im just trying to do random stuff. My only goal is to change the food value. Not the win condition value, but I do appreciate the help!
The fungus? I tried it will just reset. If you do fungus there will be 2 boxes always left.

MedinB

Colony
Hey! Really enjoy the game. Made it passed all three tests and even completed all the missions on insane.... But I really enjoy the leafcutter missions to where I want to screw around on the maps for the fun of it. So whilst the leaf cutters are not available in freeplay, yet I decided to use cheat engine to change the value of food count the trees give off(press the newly released food button to see values). But I am currently unable to pull their values in cheat engine. I can see the number in game. But does not show up in cheat engine? Any help or any other suggestions?
You can't The reason why is that the plant would be HUGE, Even if you increased it slightly it woulden't be accepted, I tried doing this no boxes. I don't recommend using the cheat engine, use it after you completed the level for the FIRST time. If not it would be as cheating. Do that because you'll get a lot more food which you could probably complete the level in like 4 minutes. No, I'll never tell you to stop using it, just its kinda cheating.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
The plants actually have two arrays of integers on them relating to max food held and food held. The smaller plants are an object which contains multiple other plant objects. They all work very differently to how previous food worked so could be tricky finding the variable.

Wayne

Larva
I've already noticed. I managed to crack one of them at least. It was found using normal means but you definitely had to narrow it down