couple minor issues in story mode

Great game guys, keep up the good work! The tiger beetle larva are not attacking on level 2.1 and on level 1.2 during challenge mode a mole cricket is spawning in right at the beginning before you can even get one soldier hatched. Not sure if that is intended but I definitely don't remember it being that fast before.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Those are both definitely issues - shall add them to our tracker. Thanks for the post!

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Great game guys, keep up the good work! The tiger beetle larva are not attacking on level 2.1 and on level 1.2 during challenge mode a mole cricket is spawning in right at the beginning before you can even get one soldier hatched. Not sure if that is intended but I definitely don't remember it being that fast before.
I would not be surprised if that is caused by the new scanning code the devs recently added.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
The tiger beetles will only attack if they can only see a single target (basically they attack when they think they can sneak a kill). Not sure about the mole cricket on there. I will have a ganders at both of these!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
This is going to sound really weird but they were broken because they were slightly in the ground (no s*** Sherlock) and were failing a line of sight check. The way we handle these odd creatures is that they are actually on the surface, there visuals are just underground. However due to some changes made recently in the movement code we need to deal with adding collision sphere radius onto spawned creature heights which was not being done here.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
This is going to sound really weird but they were broken because they were slightly in the ground (no s*** Sherlock) and were failing a line of sight check. The way we handle these odd creatures is that they are actually on the surface, there visuals are just underground. However due to some changes made recently in the movement code we need to deal with adding collision sphere radius onto spawned creature heights which was not being done here.
Reminds me of woodlice after one of the most recent updates. They were also a bit lowered into the ground.