Crashes and more crashes

Jon Ong

Larva
The game is perfect, just what I like, but it keeps crashing whenever I play a surface level like 2.1, 2.2, freeplay mode and so on. But when I enter the formicarium, its work just fine. I turned down my graphics, praying it would work, but still it crashes. I reported this and John said that the problem was that my graphic drivers were too "weak", but I wasn't sure how to solve the problem.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
John probably meant that your hardware itself is below our minimum specs to run the game stably - quite simply, some older hardware either doesn't have the video memory / processing power for modern engines like Unreal Engine 4.

Once you reach surface levels, you're dealing with suddenly many times the number of creatures than just the formicarium, or 1.1 and 1.2 have to deal with. Let us know your hardware specs and we'll see.

Jon Ong

Larva
John probably meant that your hardware itself is below our minimum specs to run the game stably - quite simply, some older hardware either doesn't have the video memory / processing power for modern engines like Unreal Engine 4.

Once you reach surface levels, you're dealing with suddenly many times the number of creatures than just the formicarium, or 1.1 and 1.2 have to deal with. Let us know your hardware specs and we'll see.
The thing is the crashing actually occurred after I changed my computer since the screen keeps glitching.

Jon Ong

Larva
The installed memory (RAM) is 8 GB, and its 64 bit Operating system. If you need more information, please reply and I will give more.

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
What I think they're asking you for is the CPU and GPU you have. You can install a program called "cpu-z" this program will tell you the CPU and GPU you have.
Or press "windowsKey"+"PauseBreak" of your keyboard.