Diplomacy between AI colonies

I guess this would be hard to implement in game, and even if it was accepted it would probably be low priority
So what I thought was a way to represent how two colonies, if they see that fighting could wipe out both colonies will not attack (like here :
)
So what I imagined was a way for different colonies to have temporary non agression pacts, alliances, etc. by example with a diplomacy screen kinda like in Civ

TheRexYo

Queen
A simpler way of doing this would be to have the player be messaged when the AI is trying not to attack you, similar to the message given when the enemy leafcutters retreat in 3.1. This way, both the player and the AI can still choose to attack if they see fit.

A simpler way of doing this would be to have the player be messaged when the AI is trying not to attack you, similar to the message given when the enemy leafcutters retreat in 3.1. This way, both the player and the AI can still choose to attack if they see fit.
the problem with that is that the AI is the only one deciding it, also, it wouldn't avoid fights, as ants would still rush as soon as they see an enemy, what I'm thinking now, would be to have each player and AI have a tab where they say their attitude towards other colonies, either non aggression or war, which could be used either for the situation I linked before and for running away from specific ennemies, like if you told your ants to not attack, also it would probably need to notify the different colonies when there is a player that changes his attitude concerning them.
This could also make an enormous difference in battle with more than 2 colonies fighting, imagine you have your ants fighting 2 colonies at the same time (they are fighting each other too) and you see one of the 2 ennemy is having too much of an upper hand, so you can stop attacking the other for some time, your ants will still try to defend themselves if they are attacked, but most of the ranged ants will attack the stronger ennemy, making the fight way more balanced

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I guess this would be hard to implement in game, and even if it was accepted it would probably be low priority
So what I thought was a way to represent how two colonies, if they see that fighting could wipe out both colonies will not attack (like here :
)
So what I imagined was a way for different colonies to have temporary non agression pacts, alliances, etc. by example with a diplomacy screen kinda like in Civ
didn't I also post this on Twitter? :p

Also one way to implement this would be to define an area as a defense line so the ants would gather there and stand still to observe the other side. ;)

didn't I also post this on Twitter? :p

Also one way to implement this would be to define an area as a defense line so the ants would gather there and stand still to observe the other side. ;)
That's funny, I never used twitter so I can't really go check that but that's a great coincidence
Also your idea is great !

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
That's funny, I never used twitter so I can't really go check that but that's a great coincidence
Also your idea is great !
I always try to think on how would I solve the issue. And I guess defining an area or line as defense line would be the best choice. It would mean that if the other side or you decide to go past it that the otherside would start to auto attack it. It does seem like a cool idea at any rate but we will have to wait for the devs to decide on what they want to do and if they even want to add this ^^'

Would also be cool to know what colony of ants it is that is doing this. ;)