Early Access

AntsAreAwesome

Worker
Backer
Ok so first off I have a few questions:
1. Will there be new ant types in the early access? Trapjaws? Drivers? Anything else?

2. IS THERE ANY WAY THIS CAN COME OUT FASTER BECAUSE I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO OR ALL OF US TO HELP IT COME OUT FASTER

**sorry for caps

Planemaster

Worker
1) Yes. One ant in particular is the carpenter ant which EXPLODES! Otherwise, if you look at the kickstarter ad, it shows there'll be a fair number.

2) Yes, you can wait.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
This has been posted in the wrong forum - moving it to Gameplay.

And to answer:

1) yes, but we're not saying which ones just yet
2) it's still going to be summer

AntsAreAwesome

Worker
Backer
Ok no problem. I will just have to wait, a good time to learn patience ;) Thank you so much though that you have choosen to release it to early access, that was very smart and nice! :D
Just one more question: have you guys discussed about adding in fire ants at some point?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Fire ants will be in there eventually, yes. In fact one of our Kickstarter stretch goals was living fire ant bridges!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eotu/empires-of-the-undergrowth-rise-of-the-colony/posts/1569292

Traikus

Larva
Backer
Beta Tester
When you lovely gents say Summer, does that mean backers get to play on the surface sometime in June? Or are you looking more at August as both months are technically "summer". ;D

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
We can't be certain because we don't know ourselves yet! Like most devs, we find it really difficult to judge these things. It really depends on how many hurdles we find ourselves having to jump / unexpected problems / bugs that need sorting out.

There's a reason most game release dates are given usually as Q1, Q2 etc until very close to release :p

Planemaster

Worker
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a longer wait if it means more bugs are ironed out and other features are perfected. Patience is a virtue.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
But I want more bugs in the game!

Lady bugs, Dune bugs, Bombadier bugs...