Eciton burchellii - Odontomachus bauri - Sanguinea

Hello ! This is my first post in this forum,

First of all, thanks to the developers for this amazing game !
I'm huge fan of termites and ants since my childhood.

I can't believed I waited so long to get it on steam. I was waiting for final release, and I said to myself, no I cannot wait anymore !
I completed the formicarium, all extra levels and made a lot of freeplays.

I know the team is working on fire ants for future formicarium level.
I have few questions about some ants already in game.

They made the army ants; Eciton burchellii
And the trap jaw Odontomachus bauri

Do these ants will have one day (if they don't have their own formicarium level as leafcutters or fire ants for example), their own workers and queens for freeplay ?

I know that some threads here are talking about it. I don't want to know wich ant species will be added to the game, and it's normal that the dev keep future game's stuff for themselves. And i understand also that they don't want to announce things if they are not sure to realize it. I'm just curious about these ants that we can see in game. I know there are ways to play them (extremis, mods...) but it would be just amazing to have these species playable in Freeplay (and/or formicarium) with their own workers and queens.

More, I have the same question about sanguinea ants present in the game. I know that their specie is special, but I'm curious to know if something is planned.

Last question, what are the angry ants looking for dead fish in freeplay and in the beach level ? Are they sanguinea ?

Thanks in advance, and good luck for your job. Thanks again for all what you did.

Last edited:

Raptorr575

Worker
Hello (and welcome), for trapjaw ants, army ants and slave ants nothing is planned for the moment (especially army ants who have a nomadic lifestyle so it will be difficult to include them in freeplay)

and the ants that run out to catch fish are wood ants.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Trapjaw have no queens, Army Ants don't build nests and Slug Disco has said that there is no plans to put the slave makers in freeplay. There is a steam guide on how to save edit to give your ereptors Army Ants and Trapjaw Ants.

I'm pretty sure that the devs only want to include ant species in player's formacarium if they are the species you pay in the formacarium missions, I think it would be cheeky to put all the ant species in.

TheRexYo

Queen
I'm pretty sure that the devs only want to include ant species in player's formacarium if they are the species you pay in the formacarium missions, I think it would be cheeky to put all the ant species in.
Nah, adding them for Freeplay would be just fine. It's really simple - they're already playable, so they'd just need to add them in.

Talon

Queen
Trapjaw have no queens, Army Ants don't build nests and Slug Disco has said that there is no plans to put the slave makers in freeplay. There is a steam guide on how to save edit to give your ereptors Army Ants and Trapjaw Ants.
Well thats true. But the Gamergate fits the same role. Gamemechanics shouldn't be different... exept if the Gamergate should be replaced and fertilised.