Ello, names Devovo. How's it going.

Devovo

Larva
Hi names Devovo,

Anyways I got this game from a friend who said "This game reads you all over it." So I played it, and well what did you know I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Background Experience with Genre: SC2 Master Ranked, Stellaris, Civ 5, Beyond Earth, Dawn of War (a bunch of them.), Total War (a bunch of them.), Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander FA, Supreme Commander 2 <.<..., and a host of other RTS I haven't thought about.

Thoughts of Empires of the Undergrowth: It's not really hard, granted my first jump into the game was a lost (Thought 10 workers was enough for challenge 1 with zero upgrades.), but hey as expected when you play a new game, but the first Challenge was a breeze didn't even need to grind. (just put all your forces at the entrance pretty easy defense.) The idea of the game is outright awesome the mini missions to improve your home base to prepare for a brutal assault I love it.

Issues: No crashes, stutters, lags, bugs, crashes, and etc. All good there. My main concerns are lack of quality of life things like Shift Click queueing up multiple commands, but its really not a problem. Also not being able to rebuild dirt sections to make base look awesome and pretty but again quality of life not a necessity. The only issue of any significance would be lack of hotkey groups yes there's like 7 maybe 8 don't remember right now, but battles come down to giant doom stacks (a ton of forces in one area to beat them all.) There's no quick controls to move back range units or retreat small forces all across the battle. This may be more of a SC2 into Empires of the Undergrowth kind of issue, but its really not much of a concern for how the game seems to focus its combat and mechanics.

Suggestions/Wishes:

Skirmish mode definitely I think you are already working on this.

More Factions or unit options? I know the focus is ants, but would love to try out the other bugs to serve different roles, or just more ant types.

More upgrades? Upgrade options are lackluster, and any speed up or faster movement is really unnecessary because you have a one entrance base, and any army who want's to punch through doesn't need to deal with speedy workers running to the side when there's only one way in one way out. Also more importantly upgrade options help replay-ability due to well locking out former upgrade options after one is chosen, but there's little reason to chose other upgrades like quality of life ones such as the worker's faster speed and collection (that's just impatience.)

Overall great game, and I'll be watching closely for updates, news and information on what's to come.