Enemies destroying player's tiles

MBargo

Woo hoo!
Backer
Beta Tester
Hi guys!

I started playing the game again and one thought appeared in my mind - will the enemy be allowed to destroy my tiles with larvae/pupae?
It could bring a "new value" to longer scenarios than usual ones (if you plan such thing).

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Hi MBargo,

Recently we finally set up the tools to "cancel build job" and "downgrade/remove tile". The latter is a job similar to building, where an ant will come to clear out the tile (dropping 50% of its value in food in the process).

The bottom line is that it should be possible for enemies to use the same rules to destroy tiles which would be really cool. It is something that won't come up in the imminent release, but if we have most of the framework for it already, I would like to experiment with it in the future.

MBargo

Woo hoo!
Backer
Beta Tester
That's nice : )

I'm now struggling with a change of cost of tiles. I just used to the last (very old) system, so I have hard times in switching to the new idea ; ) I really like The NEst map :)

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
A few people were unhappy with the food inflation. I struggled myself at first, but you get used to it.

We chose this approach over decimalising the food as we wanted more variation in the value of individual harvestable food chunks.