Extremis Insane Balance

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Has anyone been able to get considerably far in this level (like wave 20 or more)?

It might need a bit of nerfing on insane.. I'm able to get to around wave 11, but at that point, I'm no longer expanding my colony, just fighting wave after wave. For example, by the time the hermit crabs reach your nest (I think on wave 8 or 9), the next wave will spawn in 10 seconds If you go after the hermits the moment they spawn in, you lose the opportunity to get more food, since you have to kill some DHC. I would suggest increasing the amount of time in between waves (by about 10-15 seconds) and give as much initial starting time as on hard difficulty. Or instead of increasing the time between waves, cut down on the number of enemies in the dirt significantly so gathering food is easier.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
It might need a bit of nerfing on insane.. I'm able to get to around wave 11, but at that point, I'm no longer expanding my colony, just fighting wave after wave.
Same.

I would suggest increasing the amount of time in between waves (by about 10-15 seconds) and give as much initial starting time as on hard difficulty. Or instead of increasing the time between waves, cut down on the number of enemies in the dirt significantly so gathering food is easier.
Maybe removing the reduction to enemy food value can reduce the difficulty enough without changing the scale of the fights?