[Feedback] 0.213 The Other Foot Medium, opponent colony feels very weak compared to the attack waves

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The final battle:
It almost looks as if the AI's food storage was empty from the start. This made the end much easier than the rest of the level. Also as soon as I reached AA majors, everything thrown at me melted away.

The full mission:
(My apologies for the tiny cuts in the video, I got interrupted multiple times.)

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
I was doing good on hard difficulty, until the whip spider attack wave.

Same thing happened to me. All that is needed is a bit of time to gather food and build majors... I think that the other foot on hard might still be possible though, if you get part of your army behind where the scientist drops the insects to split them up (perhaps build two trap jaw chambers of about 35 each), but I don't want to think about how insane this part of the level will be on insane.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I think that the other foot on hard might still be possible though, if you get part of your army behind where the scientist drops the insects to split them up (perhaps build two trap jaw chambers of about 35 each)
Even if that does clear the whip spiders, the next wave (crickets) will drop before the player is able to collect food from the whip spiders.
but I don't want to think about how insane this part of the level will be on insane.
I tried it, and I think it is very impossible.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
but I don't want to think about how insane this part of the level will be on insane.
Here's how far I got:
The combination of the waves stacking (new wave dropping before the previous one is defeated), not being able to reach food between attack waves and the lower amount of stockpiled food before starting the waves (a lot of food was needed to keep up a stream of workers to not lose the level by objective) brought me down.