[Feedback] Beta: Please make idle worker ants walk off of refuse tiles

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
This is actually in place to force the player to build refuse chambers far away from other rooms. Additionally refuse chambers lower the level of neighbouring tiles to make them less attractive to build near the nurseries. It is meant to reflect the reality where real colonies place there refuse far away.

Once they have upgraded the nursery tile they should leave the room immediately (they are set to go back to the queen if they are idle at that point) I am guessing that one just wandered over there.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
This is actually in place to force the player to build refuse chambers far away from other rooms. Additionally refuse chambers lower the level of neighbouring tiles to make them less attractive to build near the nurseries. It is meant to reflect the reality where real colonies place there refuse far away.
I think to get players to really build the refuse chambers further away the penalty needs to be bigger for having it so close by? As I can just keep 2 tiles of highway inbetween the refuse tiles and nursery tiles. It gives no significant disadvantage and the leaf processing is super fast.

Maybe having a penalty for having nurseries in direct line of sight of a refuse tile could be an idea? (I don't know to be honest.)
So that refuse tiles need to be in a closed chamber?

Edit:
For me it feels like the reward outweights the penalties of having the refuse tiles really close to some nurseries and leaf stores. (As there will be very little processing latency and very high troughput.)

Last edited:

pakitane16

Colony
I think to get players to really build the refuse chambers further away the penalty needs to be bigger for having it so close by? As I can just keep 2 tiles of highway inbetween the refuse tiles and nursery tiles. It gives no significant disadvantage and the leaf processing is super fast.
The penalty is like what you said above: ants wandering the nest or doing jobs nearby are affected. 2 tiles highway from refuse chambers is nothing major during harvesting. But what about during invasion, enemies don't seem to be affected by refuse, do you want to risk fighting and chasing enemies with your army getting a bunch of debuff? A close off chamber lower the chance of anything getting in there, spiders will eventually come out anyway.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The penalty is like what you said above: ants wandering the nest or doing jobs nearby are affected. 2 tiles highway from refuse chambers is nothing major during harvesting. But what about during invasion, enemies don't seem to be affected by refuse, do you want to risk fighting and chasing enemies with your army getting a bunch of debuff? A close off chamber lower the chance of anything getting in there, spiders will eventually come out anyway.
During invasion the defending ants should be unlikely to go there? It is not close to the path to the queen. Non spider enemies have no reason to go there, and I think it is too far from the fighting for ants to persue a spider into the refuse tiles there?