[Feedback] Formicarium mission 2.1 insane difficulty feels much easier than 2.2 insane difficulty

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I have found yet another level pacing for mission 2.1, and it's much better than my previous one. I cleared the entire underground on day 1, then went tigerbeetle hunting just before night 1. During night 1 I was able to kill all hermit crabs that wandered the surface.
The only way I could have done better, is if I had ignored the lowest food on day 2.
I still think mission 2.1 insane has too much breathing room compared to mission 2.2 insane.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I have found yet another level pacing for mission 2.1, and it's much better than my previous one. I cleared the entire underground on day 1, then went tigerbeetle hunting just before night 1. During night 1 I was able to kill all hermit crabs that wandered the surface.
The only way I could have done better, is if I had ignored the lowest food on day 2.
I still think mission 2.1 insane has too much breathing room compared to mission 2.2 insane.
I don't remember but I think 2-1 was difficult enough on insane. ^^'
But I also haven't played it in a long time. ^^'

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I don't remember but I think 2-1 was difficult enough on insane. ^^'
But I also haven't played it in a long time. ^^'
I haven't played the first iterations of mission 2.1. When I started playing EotU the mission was (nearly) identical to how it is now.
But from others I have heared the same thing:
This mission was much harder when it first came out, and the challenge still makes it somewhat rough. It's gotten a lot easier over time now that there are underground-centric strategies and good overground routes.

Durburz

Worker
You can send your ranged unit + melee units to the tree on the side of the map where the enemy ants spawn right in the beginning of the day so that your workers can freely farm the side of the ants, this works on all difficulties. After both pockets are empty, pull your army and workers then start hunting the tiger beetles and clear the other sides. This is for those still finding difficulty with the mission.
Hofnerd we have quite a similar style of basebuilding, I have checked some of your videos.