Feedback on Freeplay A.I.

Mr_Ced

Colony
After playing around with it for a while, I have collected a good bit of things that I think are important to building a better A.I. experience.

Create an Incentive for Leafcutter Players to Attack

As of right now, there's no real reason to leave the immediate area around the entrance to the nest. This is because leaves regrow and Leafcutters gain nothing from battling other colonies and insects. Its best as a Leafcutter colony to stay out of the way of other colonies as much as possible until you need to kill them to complete the objectives.

More Help for Allied Colonies

It is frustrating at times when my ally runs out of food and cannot do anything to help me. I suggest one of two options:
(Fancy) A: Send brood over to act as "free" hatching for the other colony. This would send workers in the nest group over to the other colony with brood. The hatching cost will come out of the player who sent them.
(Basic) B: Send food over to the allied colony. This would come out of your food stores and be delivered by the nest group once again.

A.I. Colonies Should Store More Food

The majority of wars between colonies in the late game are short, and for one reason: Lack of food. Every time a nest is besieged they have a majority of the time only a few hundred food to hatch additional soldiers. I won most of my wars by simply saving up food to replace my army twice, then attacking the nest directly. I think there should be a system to allow the A.I. to store enough food to replace their armies at least twice to keep battles longer. (They certainly have the food stores for it) There also should be a system to check to see if they can store that much, and if not continue as normal.

A.I. Colonies Should be Aware of Invasions

Again, another complaint about how battles work. Right now, they do not even respond if an entire army is heading directly for their nest. A check should be implemented to check for how far enemies are from their entrance, then respond accordingly. For higher difficulties of A.I, it could check for markers instead to react even faster.

"States" for A.I. Colonies

More of a advanced suggestion this time. I suggest that that the A.I. keep a sort of "history" on other colonies. What I really mean is that the A.I. will be in one of three states with another colony:

1. Allied: The colony is allied with the other.
2. Neutral: The colony will react to situations normally.
3. Aggressive: The colony has a extended "Awareness" radius for individuals from that colony. (See the above suggestion)

MedinB

Colony
I definitely disagree and agree with a few of these ideas, hopefully they'll soon rewrite the AI.

The AI right now is fun, but quite clumsy.

Like helping AI will be unfair for other unfriendly AI and a few others.

Last edited:

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The friendly AI colony is like the line holder and they just wait until you have an army of hundreds, you attack. If you want a relaxing experience then go easy or normal mode. I’d rather go normal because I can chill instead of constantly worrying that other people will attack my colony

Antlover556

Worker
The friendly AI colony is like the line holder and they just wait until you have an army of hundreds, you attack. If you want a relaxing experience then go easy or normal mode. I’d rather go normal because I can chill instead of constantly worrying that other people will attack my colony
We need insane and hard