First ant from a tile should not cost resources

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The price for the first ant from a tile should be included in the amount of food i costs to place the tile.
It's a bit annoying and can seriously screw up your plans if other ants respawn in the mean time, consuming food, so the ants from the tiles you just placed cannot hatch.
This might not be an issue at the moment, but with bigger ants that cost a lot more to hatch I can see this quickly becoming a major issue.

There also should be a button to stop the queen from egg-laying entirely, for example when you need food for something else (like placing food tiles) and a list which (ant species) eggs are preferred/allowed to hatch (so if you run low on workers you could order your colony to only spawn workers, if you need more tanks you could only allow Myrmecia eggs to hatch, etc.). That would allow for much more efficient resource management.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Just giving this a bump as it makes a lot of sense to implement.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
No, I'm saying that the FIRST ant after placing a tile should be FREE (or integrated into the tiles price).

Because right now this can happen:
You just unlocked this shiny new Camponotus major and since your troops are already fighting the enemy you want to immediately see it in action. So you do the usual stuff, place a tile, wait for it to be built - then the tile is ready, the larva is fat but OH NO, no huge Camponotus major to support your troops.
Why? Well since your troops are already fighting and you're unfortunately low on resources your cheaper troops reinforcements take up all the food. So as long as the fight goes on you will NEVER have enough resources to spawn this huge powerful and expensive ant because you will never be able to gain enough to food to actually spawn it.

This is actually an issue that needs to be solved generally (because expensive reinforcements suffer from the same issue), but with new tiles it is extra annoying.