Formicarium ant improvements maybe bug?

Just for the lols, I put 20 points into Formica ereptor "Resource harvest".

The "improvements" window says harvested quantity increase by 8 rounded to whole digit.

Out of curiosity, I make couple groups of 1 ant, both the fusca and erepto, level 1, 2, and 3. And make them pick up the food I want.

Turn out none of them has increase resources when picking up food. Like, if the food is "8", after the ant pick up the food, total food in storage is increase by 8.

Is it this just me miss interpreting the message or it is a bug?

Also, when I did the testing, I still haven't play the Challenge 1 yet. Is it related?

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
I think it means the max food they can carry is increased, and it doesn't actually increase how much food there is.

pakitane16

Colony
Iirc, it's the max food one ant can excavate from carcasses and carry. Ex: normally one worker can carry 15 food, a carcass with 60 food takes 4 trips to clear. Increasing by 8 (carry 23 food) will take 3 trips to clear.

TheRexYo

Queen
Oh, well... guess that's a bad one to upgrade. I use my worker ants as cheap soldiers, with the attack and defense-boosting traits, as well as improvements to speed. They are actually extremely efficient early-game units in Freeplay when used this way, too. You guys should try it, if you haven't already. :)
Edit: Also, sorry for necro-posting. Didn't realize this thread was over a week old.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
And here I am, having Ereptors that move faster by 43 and Mortars with a range increase of 53.