Formicarium Challenge 3

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
With the addition of Leafcutter ants will be a new formicarium challenge. Will it feature your home colony fighting another colony? I don't feel like doing more of the wave based attacks will be a good idea, given you've already done as much as you really can with that in the first 2 challenges.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
These are all spoilers, and we don't want too many of them! But agreed, it would be pretty boring if the next challenge was just more waves.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Also do you know when the 2.1 and 2.2 challenge modes will come out? I'm pretty excited for those because more rewards!

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Buffalo981 said:
Also do you know when the 2.1 and 2.2 challenge modes will come out? I'm pretty excited for those because more rewards!

We've gotten some indications that the plan is to get these with the 3.X missions.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
I can't wait for that. Wasn't the mole cricket originally put into the game because of someone's donations on Kickstarter? If this is true I'm very thankful to that person. ;D

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Buffalo981 said:
I can't wait for that. Wasn't the mole cricket originally put into the game because of someone's donations on Kickstarter? If this is true I'm very thankful to that person. ;D

Yep, one of our bigger contributors got to choose an insect so he chose the mole crickets. There's also another creature already in the game from a Kickstarter backer - the ladybird beetles.

Buffalo981 said:

On their way, probably (but not definitely) before the 3rd tier formicarium.

Dave1966

colony on the move
Hi all, When can we see another challenge, I have had this game for 3 weeks now and I just keep playing the same levels to increase my Royal jelly and Territory, but I am getting board, I now wish I had waited longer to buy it so more levels would be available

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Dave1966 said:
Hi all, When can we see another challenge, I have had this game for 3 weeks now and I just keep playing the same levels to increase my Royal jelly and Territory, but I am getting board, I now wish I had waited longer to buy it so more levels would be available

This is the nature of early access - the game is not finished and although all 3 of our developers are now full time on the project, it's still going to take some time to see results. Freeplay mode is imminent - that will provide a longer-form game mode to play, with lots of options.

We are not very good at predicting when things will be ready, but the guys are all now working on the 3rd tier and the hope (but not promise) is to get that out to everyone before the end of the summer.