Formicarium vanishes after loading

After clicking the Formicarium from the main menu/lab and selecting New or Continue, I get a loading screen, and then nothing: no message, no Unreal Engine Crash, no main menu, no lingering process.
I'm on Linux Mint 18 (Cinnamon). I looked in ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Empires\ Of\ The\ Undergrowth/, but didn't find any logs or crash files. Are they in another folder?

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
It might be an Unreal engine crash. I had a similar issue with Dreadnought where the engine crashed and didn't produce any log files.

The game is unplayable for me, unfortunately. Any suggestions for what I should try, or what system info might be useful?
My graphics card is an NVidia GeForce GT 650M, using the free Nouveau drivers.

Thanks

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
NiftyAxolotl said:
The game is unplayable for me, unfortunately. Any suggestions for what I should try, or what system info might be useful?
My graphics card is an NVidia GeForce GT 650M, using the free Nouveau drivers.

Thanks

Our Linux feedback is very small (a very small percentage of our players) so we have very little feedback to work with. Any information at all you can provide us - most importantly of all UE4 crash reports (detailed in the below thread) will be of use.

http://forum.eotugame.com/index.php?topic=1231.0