Freeplay Save Glitches

Mr_Ced

Colony
I find these glitches happen only when I reload Freeplay from a save. The first one, which I am sure is fixed, is that the pathfinding is destroyed temporarily when I reload. Again, I am pretty sure its fixed, but not 100% sure. The second one is the most frustrating for me and does happen a lot. When I reload, I cannot harvest creatures near my nest permanently. The ants seem to try and harvest them, but stop. The job then is given to another to repeat the process.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Unfortunately we currently cannot save the paths or movement command the ant currently has. We restore the direction they were heading (to or from the marker) but not their actual paths themselves. When reloading the creature will re-path (with 0.4s) which can cause slows at the start of a load. Maybe one day this will change.

I cannot harvest creatures near my nest permanently. The ants seem to try and harvest them, but stop. The job then is given to another to repeat the process.
Not heard of this issue. There has been a recent change that causes the ants to drop food near the nest entrance if all food storage in the nest is full or reserved bu another ant. It is possible this is causing some issues here, will mention it to Liam

Mr_Ced

Colony
After testing, it seems to stop after I spend most of my food resources, but then starts again when I start to fill up the storages. Still only happens after I reload.