Game crashes on mac

Hello,
I recently bought the game through steam on my macbook pro. It's fairly new and has no problem running games. However, when I start Empires of Undergrowth, it launches and crashes on the welcome screen. Sometimes it will let me go into the game but crash 10 seconds later. I heard other people were having this issue too, so is there any updates on when this might be resolved? I'd really love to start playing!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Hey, we've had a bunch of very recent reports similar to this - in the past fortnight or so. The game itself hasn't changed in a few months, so our guess is that something on the Mac end of things has changed.

It would be very, very helpful to us if you could email the crash reports in to us. Follow the instructions at the top of the thread linked below:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/reporting-crashes.759/

Hey, we've had a bunch of very recent reports similar to this - in the past fortnight or so. The game itself hasn't changed in a few months, so our guess is that something on the Mac end of things has changed.

It would be very, very helpful to us if you could email the crash reports in to us. Follow the instructions at the top of the thread linked below:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/reporting-crashes.759/
Hey, just wondering if you guys had a timeline as to when this might be fixed? Waiting to buy the game :)

Hey, good news - The game started working! It wasn't as of a day or two ago. I don't know if you guys did an update but my mac hasn't. Only thing different is im playing the game while connected to a vpn.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
No update here, that is an odd solution! The game doesn't pull much from the internet, only Steam save files and the text on the main menu. Interesting fix - I'll see if anyone else with Mac issues can fix it that way.

Yep! I have tried to play everyday and it won't even let me start a game before crashing, I'm not sure if the VPN was a fix, and i'll play around with it to see if it is. Something changed though and i'm happy! If you'd like game files of mine to investigate i'd be willing :)