Game crashes when I try to load a freeplay colony.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Title says it all.
I highly recommend you post the related crash file(s), I don't think the developers can do much without them.
They can be found in: Users/You/AppData/Local/EotU/Saved/Crashes
You want to look for the most recently edited file(s) in the Crashes folder and post it/them here.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
From the reporting crashes forum thread:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/reporting-crashes.759/
It has come to our attention that some of you are experiencing crashes, particularly when reloading formicarium from another mission. If you get any crashes, we ask politely if you could email us with the crash log files which you can find in:
C:\Users\Fish\YOUR_USERNAME\Local\EotU\Saved\Crashes (where C is the drive letter of the drive with your Windows installation, and YOUR_USERNAME is your Windows username)

You can access the above from the crash reporter by following the link in the image below.

CrashReport.png

Email the files to crash@slugdisco.com

Also, could you please zip up and send us your save files too as these could be very helpful. They will usually be found at C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\EotU\Saved (where C is the drive letter of the drive with your Windows installation, and YOUR_USERNAME is your Windows username). Please note, the AppData folder is usually set to be hidden, so you will need to set Windows File Explorer to 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' (Googling this should show you how).

Thanks again for playing, we'll try and fix these crashes as soon as possible,
The Slug Disco Team