Games crashing when loading saved game.

I'm 6 hrs into it, having a blast. I finish the 2.1 or whatever it is, and then right after the voice over, it crashed. I think oh gawd I hope it saved cuzz that mission took FOREVER!!!! I go to load my game, and it crashes. I've tried everything I can think of other than a re-install. Just to be clear, I launch the game, it launches fine. After that, I attempt to load my save and it crashes. Is there a fix for this ????????? I was having a blast and really don't want to start all over.!!!!!! even more so if this happens again.

Same for me, the 1.1 and 1.2 did not have any issues but after doing the first real challenge when the scientist keep throwing ants in (I failed) the game crashed and upon loading the save game each time it does crash to. So looks like I gotta start again :'(

Loved the game tho and played for many hours non stop 8) ;)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
We will be looking into this one tomorrow, a few people have reported it now!

Oh and your game is backed up so you may want to restore an earlier save, I will make a post about it.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Glad that worked, hopefully we can figure this one out today. We have already pin pointed what is causing it.

it happens for me as soon as I build black ants in my formicarium and then start a mission.
After the mission, it even crashes while trying to return to the formicarium. A reload after the crash, crashes also.

Ok, it's actually crashing no matter what I do, any new save I do is crashing no matter what I do...

I found something, though. When I deconstruct nursery tiles, the ants stay. They're not removed from the map and keep walking around. And it seems as if removing nursery tiles and then saving causes the issue.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
We think this has been fixed for most people with the most recent patch. As you say, it is indeed to do with ants remaining after tiles have been removed.