General Freeplay feedback + World Map

Played the freeplay mode multiple times now and i think it is great. I am guessing/ hoping more content will be added like special events just so a game doesnt feel too repetitive but overall for being an open beta that has only been out a couple weeks it is very entertaining.

One bug i want to mention though...the icons to set a group to 'not attack' and 'not gather' work, but when you select a different group then go back to the original the colour of the icons change depending on whether you have selected both icons to green or red. So it doesn't necessairly show the groups true stance (not sure whether this is just me or not).

I really want to mention this idea because it would truely make this game perfect for me. I used to play simant, a 1992 game for pc and i thought it was amazing but because of the era it could only be so good. The idea was to take over a world map essentially (a garden and house). Having a world map for free play and introducing breeding ants to start new colonies in different areas would open up a different tactical side for players ;D

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Lots more to be added - this very much the basic form. Special events to spice things up are a great idea.

We've had the attack / gather bug reported several times and I believe John will have it sorted for the next build.

We're well aware of Simant - none of us played it at the time, but have since done. Simant's horizons are in some ways less limited than ours, and in others much more - but we hope to find a happy medium :)