Hello from the Netherlands

Wow.... A new ant game!!! How fantastic!!

As a kid i was always fascinated by ants and the way they live and cooperate with eachother!!

I have had a formicarium with Formica Sanguinea but alas after 7 years the queen died and the colony was gone. I would really like to have another formicarium again, but don´t have the time and space to do so.

In the past there were some games about ants, like simant and empire of the ants. I played them both and I missed the possibilty to play the games on windows 10.
Per accident i stumbled upon Empire of the undergrowth. Although it´s an early acces, i didn´t hestitate to buy the game. And so far i´m very happy with the game. Nice graphics, nice sounds.
I´m very curious of what the next update will give us!!!
Thnx for this fantastic game.

Regards,
Hans aka Metallucifer

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Hi and welcome Metallucifer!

The next update will introduce Freeplay mode - a much longer-form mode that we expect each playthrough of to last something in the region of 6-8 hours. Thanks so much for your support :)

Hello, I'm also from the Netherlands. I have a question: how do you become a soldier or something else? I have some ideas but I do not want you to think your game is bad. It is the best game ever about ants and the upgrade system is not bad. You can choose whether you use spitters or warriors. It is everyone's choice and tactics if you use spitters, workers or warriors. Could someone from eotu respond to this?

Just a question, because I don't know how to get an higher rank

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Lollerinjo said:
Hello, I'm also from the Netherlands. I have a question: how do you become a soldier or something else? I have some ideas but I do not want you to think your game is bad. It is the best game ever about ants and the upgrade system is not bad. You can choose whether you use spitters or warriors. It is everyone's choice and tactics if you use spitters, workers or warriors. Could someone from eotu respond to this?

Just a question, because I don't know how to get an higher rank

It seems it's determined by how many posts you make. More active users seem to have the highest ranks (redmoth and myself are queens, Mike is a colony because he's a community manager and it's his job to post a load, while some older users you can find are still soldiers since they haven't posted in a while).