I noticed Jeff Nevington released the formicarium music on SoundCloud

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
https://soundcloud.com/jeff-nevington%2Fexperiment-1-2nd-movement
I really love this track tbh, particularly the "jazzy" bits towards the end of it. I suppose if I needed to rank my favorite songs so far:

1. Formicarium combat
  2. Subjugation combat
  3. Subjugation ambient
  4. Queen of the Hill ambient (day)
  5. Rising Tide ambient (day)
A lot of the musical design is quite creative as well. The leitmotif in Rising Tide is one thing I recognized from some of the beta themes, and the instrumentation does a great job at representing the environment.

MedinB

Colony
I saw this before, but I don't know what's the attack music for example in the video about the praying mantis is started playing this awesome music. It did not show up on SoundCloud. I wonder who made it. Slug Disco told me it was just some music from 1.1, and said I'm not sure if our composer Liam has officially named it yet!

MedinB

Colony
Quick Reminder: Don't steal those. SoundCloud is just to get a soundtrack. The Slug Disco team made it, they own it. You cannot steal cause or else you'll probably end up in court. You must have the developers' permission first. Every sound you make and publish it is Immediately protected by copyright.

Oh, and yes, I'll have to say spider music is my favorite.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
New favorite music:
  1. Harvest combat (day)
  2. Formicarium combat
  3. Subjugation combat
  4. Subjugation ambient
  5. Front Line ambient (day)

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
https://soundcloud.com/jeff-nevington%2Fexperiment-1-2nd-movement
I really love this track tbh, particularly the "jazzy" bits towards the end of it. I suppose if I needed to rank my favorite songs so far:

1. Formicarium combat
  2. Subjugation combat
  3. Subjugation ambient
  4. Queen of the Hill ambient (day)
  5. Rising Tide ambient (day)
A lot of the musical design is quite creative as well. The leitmotif in Rising Tide is one thing I recognized from some of the beta themes, and the instrumentation does a great job at representing the environment.
I'm currently listening to me playlist of the OST, I fund the music uploaded to a channel that has given credit to slug disco in all of the descriptions. The link is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJufupgPCbHH9nPm8VpV3w

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Just a note, by the way, on our stance on the music - we make it all ourselves (well, specifically Liam aka "Jeff Nevington" does) and own it 100%, and if you want to download it from SoundCloud / wherever for your own personal use that's entirely fine. If you want to use it in a public project that isn't involved with EotU please let us know before you do - and obviously that would exclude anything for profit.

As a sidenote, my favourite music is in 1.2, I love how evocative the plucked strings are of a spider's web. I also have a soft spot for the dramatic music in 3.2 Front Line because I'm a sucker for over-the-top chorals.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Just a note, by the way, on our stance on the music - we make it all ourselves (well, specifically Liam aka "Jeff Nevington" does) and own it 100%, and if you want to download it from SoundCloud / wherever for your own personal use that's entirely fine. If you want to use it in a public project that isn't involved with EotU please let us know before you do - and obviously that would exclude anything for profit.

As a sidenote, my favourite music is in 1.2, I love how evocative the plucked strings are of a spider's web. I also have a soft spot for the dramatic music in 3.2 Front Line because I'm a sucker for over-the-top chorals.
Any tips for stringing the tracks together from the conductor files and/or is it kept anywhere as a complete track?

MedinB

Colony

Yes, that is what I was talking about if used for anything public should let the Slug Disco team know and do some compensation or whatever.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Any tips for stringing the tracks together from the conductor files and/or is it kept anywhere as a complete track?

The music system is complicated, the tracks are split into parts and several of them run at the same time. It's not as simple as just extracting files. I'd ask Liam about it but he's a bit busy at the moment, as you can imagine!

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester

My personal favorite is Experiment 1, 2nd movement. It captures the chaotic mind of the scientist, while keeping the calmness of the first formicarium by using the piano used in the 1st movement.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Once we have got full release I am going to get Liam to get the songs together into an OST and will probably sell it through steam for a couple of pounds. Will have to make sure we get it out the the Kickstarter backers as well.

The only tracks we did not make ourselves were the ones in the Christmas level. We bought those in as we were on a tight schedule to get the beta out.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Figured it out I think. Both of the combat music files (at least for the level I'm looking at) are timed so that they form a complete track when played simultaneously. I don't have any software to combine them with, so I guess I'll settle for playing them both at once for the time being.

MedinB

Colony
Once we have got full release I am going to get Liam to get the songs together into an OST and will probably sell it through steam for a couple of pounds. Will have to make sure we get it out the the Kickstarter backers as well.

The only tracks we did not make ourselves were the ones in the Christmas level. We bought those in as we were on a tight schedule to get the beta out.
You can pay for it then? I can image somebody getting copyrighted striked for the stupidest reasons...

Also, looking back now.
I like the 3.2 Combat.
1.2 strings.
And formicarium queen defeat. Love that piano and the start of that song.
And a bit of 3.1

Last edited: