I'd really love to see Black Harvestor ants in levels 4:1 and 4:2!

I know I have mentioned it before but have you(the developers) taken into consideration about the Harvestor ants yet? They are a little like leffcutter ants, they eat seeds, and turn it into bread. But they will accept a bit of meat.

They also have major ants, (which have red heads). well, the black ones do.

pakitane16

Colony
Harvester ants don't give new play style or special caste that can be implemented for ereptor colony, they are way too similar to leafcutter so I don't think they'll do it. But I have this idea. In Mexico, Pogonomyrmex occidentalis (western harvester ant) harvest seed from yucca tree, while Myrmecocystus mexicanus (a species of honeypot ant) harvest nectar from yucca sap and yucca aphid, sometimes feed on dead insect. Their nests are usually close to each other. During dry season, these honeypot ants may take dead or injured harvester ants as food (more nutrition than nectar). A level may involve protecting your nest from the fully stored but greedy honeypot ant colony nearby, while having to out-harvest a Dorymyrmex colony under a yucca tree (this species is known for blocking oposing colony with rubble). The burning mid-day heat and lots of night-time creatures will be your challenge. (desert-dwelling harvester ants usually harvest at dusk to prevent this)

Mr_Ced

Colony
I thought of an idea for harvester ants. They could be the harvestors of the Ereptor colony, similar to the media of the Leafcutters. They would also increase the amount of food you get from food in general, like how they process seeds into "bread".

MedinB

Colony
I know I have mentioned it before but have you(the developers) taken into consideration about the Harvester ants yet? They are a little like leafcutter ants, they eat seeds, and turn it into bread. But they will accept a bit of meat.

They also have major ants, (which have red heads). well, the black ones do.
good suggestion. Sounds awesome hopefully the team will look over this and seem what can be done. I suspect they'll be working on this in mid-July.

Last edited:
Harvester ants don't give new play style or special caste that can be implemented for ereptor colony, they are way too similar to leafcutter so I don't think they'll do it. But I have this idea. In Mexico, Pogonomyrmex occidentalis (western harvester ant) harvest seed from yucca tree, while Myrmecocystus mexicanus (a species of honeypot ant) harvest nectar from yucca sap and yucca aphid, sometimes feed on dead insect. Their nests are usually close to each other. During dry season, these honeypot ants may take dead or injured harvester ants as food (more nutrition than nectar). A level may involve protecting your nest from the fully stored but greedy honeypot ant colony nearby, while having to out-harvest a Dorymyrmex colony under a yucca tree (this species is known for blocking oposing colony with rubble). The burning mid-day heat and lots of night-time creatures will be your challenge. (desert-dwelling harvester ants usually harvest at dusk to prevent this)
Hmf:(:rolleyes:, well, that's just your opinion! Let'swhat the developers would say.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
I agree with pakitane, the game needs ant species that can give a new unit type to the formicarium. There's not really any point in getting another ant species with huge tanky majors because we already have them.