Impossible to Complete Formicarium Challenge 2

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
The reason why I am replaying the campaign is that I got a new computer, so I am working on a new formicarium (which I don't mind doing). But the problem is, one of the wolf spiders (one of the medium/small ones) the scientist drops is getting stuck in my nest holes. On the minimap, it is shown to be on the surface, and if I go into photo mode and rotate my camera I can see it in one of my nest entrances. I have attempted the challenge multiple times but every time it gets stuck in different holes. It doesn't attack my ants, and my ants don't attack it. It sometimes twitches slightly but other than that it doesn't move at all. It appears the same spider keeps getting stuck (based on size).

Note: On my fourth try a spider actually did not get stuck at all. I don't think I did anything differently and I was able to complete the challenge.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Sorry this has happened - a lot of changes to the game are going on recently and whilst we've dealt with these issues before there's a good chance some code changes have made them appear again.

I'll ask the guys to review things. If you could let us know the version number you're playing that would be helpful.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Not sure how to check that on steam. I have auto-update enabled and I'm not on the open beta for free play.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Buffalo981 said:
Not sure how to check that on steam. I have auto-update enabled and I'm not on the open beta for free play.

Thanks. If you don't mind helping us out we'll review this when the Freeplay update is live for everyone - it may well be different after that.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
No problem. Also, there is one other bug I noticed. While the narration works flawlessly for the formicarium and all of the other levels, there is no narrator at all for 2.1. My voice volume is on maximum. Not sure why this is happening. Other than that, the level works fine. Not sure if you already knew of this but I wanted to bring it up ;)