In-between Lands

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I was thinking that levels shouldn't be separate but connected by a between area were bugs roam wildly and they never stop coming. when you reach the next place the queen or one of the undead males say to set up an outpost. You clear an abandoned nest and move some workers in then the player does what he or she wants.

I was thinking that the player shouldn't feel safe on the beach or any place they have already conquered. They could get invaded by bugs, brain fungus zombies, invading spiders, and obviously the enemy colony. However, it shouldn't be an always be a constant struggle, there should be breaks ounce in a while.

The in between lands should be different depending on the biomes there in between. Like a mini swamp, Foliage Undergrowth, fall leaf undergrowth, slightly and moderate trashed Undergrowth, zombie fungus undergrowth that has plant's that release spores that take over dozens of bugs and ants they use to do their bidding, the plants are native to the island, and the acidic undergrowth that is filled with carnivorous plants, lion ants, and other super deadly things meant for the late game.

Note: the in-between lands are not supposed to be harder than the main levels but are for making the island look more natural and challenging but not too challenging, but can serve as the way of making you not jump between areas but making you go through the unique little-untamed areas.

I know its ambitious but it could have a new layer of depth that the game should have in later development. Glory to Bel-o-kan!!