Is it Possible to Delete the Game Completely?

Mr_Ced

Colony
I am asking this question since I may have theory for the major bug I am experiencing. While doing some investigating, I found that the FPS dropped monumentally when I viewed all of the colonies underground via the Photo Mode.
From this, I think it might be safe to conclude that an old optimization (That was removed consequently) is still on my copy somehow since it has tormenting me for years now. I thought that maybe installing a version that wasn't as old as mine could fix this.

TheRexYo

Queen
If you ever have trouble with Steam's uninstall process, try to find the game's directory and delete it manually, as well as any other locations. For me, EotU is located under the Steam folder's "steamapps" directory. The save files are located under USER/AppData/Local/EotU.

Mr_Ced

Colony
So, is the issue that you can't uninstall it properly? Like, it isn't working or something?
I can uninstall it, but this just keeps the game off of my computer, everything else is still stored somewhere. Then it reinstalls everything with the bug when I download it.
Really what I am asking for is how I can delete everything to the point that the game needs to be downloaded and nothing is saved.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I can uninstall it, but this just keeps the game off of my computer, everything else is still stored somewhere. Then it reinstalls everything with the bug when I download it.
Really what I am asking for is how I can delete everything to the point that the game needs to be downloaded and nothing is saved.

Pretty sure your issues are hardware related rather than download related, but you can change Steam's download location and remove everything from the EotU AppData folder and that's everything.

Mr_Ced

Colony
Pretty sure your issues are hardware related rather than download related, but you can change Steam's download location and remove everything from the EotU AppData folder and that's everything.
Ok, so I am going to try and download it on a different computer to see if it really is hardware related since I do not have a separate driver to store EotU in a separate download folder.

Mr_Ced

Colony
The different download confirmed that it was a hardware related issue. Now to find what's different!

TheRexYo

Queen
The different download confirmed that it was a hardware related issue. Now to find what's different!
Good luck. I'm not good with computers, but I'd recommend checking to see if the disk is corrupt. I vaguely remember reading about a similar scenario before. I'm not sure where though.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Quick hint from me. Go to the downloaded game. Rightclick. Open stored location or local file. Could be in properties. Then uninstall game. If done, remove everything in that one file location. OR you change your steam game library location. For example: From D:\Steam -> D:\Steamgames
Then make sure the old location was removed. Now you can redownload all your games or change it later on so you have the old location as well. ;)

Not sure about the exact details but this is roughly what you can do. :)