Is this possible?

I'm thinking on building my queen with endless Royal Guard and Second Wind (reduce the CD to 30s).

But like at after I get to 35(?) second mark, the improvement cost of 1 point get close or pass 1000 jelly.

Is my goal even possible? Like I try to plot the points vs jelly, and if my napkin math is anything solid, I will be exceeding 50k jelly per point before reaching the 250s reduction goal.

If jelly cost doesn't scale the same way pass certain point, what's the best way to grind jelly?

I'm thinking on building my queen with endless Royal Guard and Second Wind (reduce the CD to 30s).

But like at after I get to 35(?) second mark, the improvement cost of 1 point get close or pass 1000 jelly.

Is my goal even possible? Like I try to plot the points vs jelly, and if my napkin math is anything solid, I will be exceeding 50k jelly per point before reaching the 250s reduction goal.

If jelly cost doesn't scale the same way pass certain point, what's the best way to grind jelly?
I used to do the same thing but I quickly noticed it wasn't possible with just grinding, if you want to try I used the 1.2 level in insane + challenge mode on, it only takes 10 or even 9 minutes and gives the same amount of jelly as the others. another thing you could try would be cheat engine, you create a new colony and change your amount of jelly

Durburz

Worker
I used to do the same thing but I quickly noticed it wasn't possible with just grinding, if you want to try I used the 1.2 level in insane + challenge mode on, it only takes 10 or even 9 minutes and gives the same amount of jelly as the others. another thing you could try would be cheat engine, you create a new colony and change your amount of jelly

I am so used to grinding 1.2 Insane + challenge that I speedrun it in 10:50. If you are faster than me, I'd like to know your strategy as I am sure it can be finished one wave faster. Just haven't figured out how.

I am so used to grinding 1.2 Insane + challenge that I speedrun it in 10:50. If you are faster than me, I'd like to know your strategy as I am sure it can be finished one wave faster. Just haven't figured out how.
My fastest run was 9:54 but it was before update so the level probably changed since that time, anyway, I go for the basic strat, going to all available food and making a few workers and soldiers and then attacking the fws on the right, then going straight to the pack of larvae and once it is finished, I go to the devil's coach horse larvae on the left, the I clear the remaining lone funnel web spiders and I usually finish the level before finishing them

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
How am I only now noticing this!? There is a 'minor improvements' upgrade!? Seriously, I saw this thread and then went looking for what was meant with queen cooldown upgrades. Where is this mentioned in-game?

pakitane16

Colony
It was added way back from the first leafcutter release if I recall correctly. I can't find the exact announcement for it.
Edit: looking at Man of the Antz videos, this was implemented long ago.

Last edited:

Durburz

Worker
I have never seen this feature and I have restarted several colonies recently for the achievements and to make themed ones for freeplay (e.g. wood ant and black ant colony with royal jelly upgrades).

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
October 2018. It was announced in this video, but of course not everyone sees the videos / that one popup:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
October 2018. It was announced in this video, but of course not everyone sees the videos / that one popup:
I purchased the game may 2019, and I missed out on that one popup.

"Have fun, but beware the beetles" Ah yes, wave 3 of freeplay mode:
Death by beetle stunlock as a melee species... That happened on insane difficulty today, but it feels like there isn't an effective counter against that for leafcutters.

I am still looking forward to next dev stream!

Last edited:

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Is it possible just wandering I don’t think it is
You said its not possible, but it is. There is a queen upgrade that decreases ability cooldown. 300 upgrades... I only have 47 in my Ereptor Workers Speed stat.

I use my workers as army units.