January 2018 Newsletter

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Good morning, evening and variations thereupon everyone - we've compiled and posted our January newsletter for 2018! The newsletter focuses mainly on the upcoming Freeplay mode (which we hope to have out to you in its basic form in a few weeks).

You can see the full thing on our website. We go into quite fine detail of what is currently being worked on for Freeplay - a potentially endless game mode where you can build your colony at your own pace, save it, and come back to it as and when you want. Some other games call this sort of feature "sandbox" or similar.

http://slugdisco.com/january-2018-newsletter/

Soccer51x

Worker
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Acknowledged. Here's the MIDI-generated sheet for "Experiment 1" in both its movements - Liam accepts no responsibility for spontaneous combustion or demons summoned whilst attempting to play this piano sheet music.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-p29FfwLEqRUealNbFIqXJQ2UKsj-73T

Soccer51x

Worker
You said that liam has no responsibility for spontaneous combustion or demons summoned whilst learning this music. I think that may be a bit important?

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I played the music, and while I didn't summon any demons, I did get kinda confused. That's just my ineptitude, though.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Raptorofwar said:
I played the music, and while I didn't summon any demons, I did get kinda confused. That's just my ineptitude, though.

Yeah, Liam says it's just been exported from MIDI without any tidying up, so unless you're very good at reading sheet music it's probably not ideal. When we come to release the soundtrack properly I imagine it'll be cleaned up.

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I mean, I could read it. It just took me a while finding the melody and main accompaniment, cause I'm trying to play this on piano.

Soccer51x

Worker
For the super insects, could you make the tiger beetle into a japanese tiger beetle, it'd be cool and easy to notice, "Hey dats different!"