lag spikes in 1.2 when many ants get inside a funnel web spider's lair

I don't really know how to describe it except that I've never seen this game lag that much, I assume the spiders are making the game lag because of the way they are choosing their prey, to test it, you simply need to form a big, not upgraded army in 1.2 and send them in the lair of a spider, from there, I only see two changes compared to previous versions, one the games lag so much that I can't play anymore before the spider is dead, and the second is that the spider will always go for the furthest prey instead of going for the nearest, which makes her practicly invulnerable as to kill her, the ants simply used to go to her kind of nest in the end of its lair, now, the spider goes very fast from there to even the queen of my colony chasing after one worker and punching every wall due to her speed, then my soldiers follow her and leave her nest, that makes the funnel web spiders extremely powerful compared to previous versions

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Just to let you know as far as the performance drop goes we've been unable to replicate it, even throwing 150 or more ants at it. This is likely an issue specific to your hardware.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Can I just ask were you using the beta build here or the standard build? I ask because I fixed an issue with this towards the start of the beta.

well it was during the beta, but I was wondering which way the spider chooses her prey ? I had got a few issues on this without the beta but now it looks like they choose any random ant in my colony and bounce against every wall due to their speed

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
If they are bouncing against walls your frame rate may be very low. It can mess with the AI when it hits a point where it can miss target locations between frames.

Target choice will usually be which ant entered first and does not already have a target from another funnel web

your frame rate may be very low
Well I can agree with that I hardly get more than 10 fps on the lowest graphical setting and with small amounts of ants, I gess that might be the cause of many other bugs I reported
Target choice will usually be which ant entered first and does not already have a target from another funnel web
Why not simply have it attack the nearest ennemy ?