Level 4 Ideas

I recently watched an interesting documentary about bullet ants. I thought they were very cool and suggest that they be added to Empires of the Undergrowth. But I'm not done yet, I even thought up a challenge for it. In the documentary, a fungus called cordyceps infects bullet ants and no other ants. Cordyceps can infiltrate an ants mind to make them cling to a branch or something that can be gripped on easily, then it happens. The fungus kills the ant and slowly protrudes a fungus stem to release new spores and restart the process. That is my suggestion. I am not sure of what genus of cordyceps infects only bullet ants. Anyway, thanks for your consideration!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It's fire ants for the next formicarium tier! We do plan on having bullet ants eventually (their inclusion was a Kickstarter reward tier) but they probably won't get their own levels - they'll probably act more like an end game bonus unit you can unlock.

It's fire ants for the next formicarium tier! We do plan on having bullet ants eventually (their inclusion was a Kickstarter reward tier) but they probably won't get their own levels - they'll probably act more like an end game bonus unit you can unlock.
Yeah... maybe they could be like the trap-jaws with their small colony's, they could go about the map scavenging for small morsels in groups of 2 or more.