Level Suggestions

Mr_Ced

Colony
The narrator says on the 1.X levels that "soon they will go to the surface, where new challenges await." I would think that you would keep your original nest in the 1.X series, transfering over to the new levels. This could also apply to other underground levels.
There could also be a level that is post-worker stage, probably taking place as a species of ant that lacks the fat left over from the flight. The queen would need to hunt for food to feed the larva and herself for a couple days. The queen would need to survive attacks from predators, like ant patrols and big beetles while she obtains this food.

Mr_Ced

Colony
I have another idea. There could be a level in which you had a choice of standing your ground or moving your colony. The water would rise to such a point that you only had a small aphid farm. The water would rise over the course of a few days for preparation. You could also try to invade a AI nest of ants, kill the queen, then make it your own. If you choose to stay, during the night you will face waves of enemies like Devil's Coach Beetles, Beach Spiders, and Hermit Crabs.

Talon

Queen
1.3 The Stream in the Forest.

A small stream separates the map in the middle. You control a colony of black ants. On the same half of the map where your nest is located, is a wood ant nest.
On the ohter half of the map is a colony of slavemakers.

The wood ants are not agressive to you, but they will defend their nest and their occupied food sources.

After some time intervals, the stream dries out and fills up again. In that dry-period the slavemakers will go for new slaves. At random or by turns, they attack the black ants or the wood ants.

The wood ants and the slavemakers controll some aphid farms. You are limited to some seeds. Caterpillers and woodlice are also out there. Maybe some Crickets (need more foodpoints).
At Night you face Devils Coach Horse and Wolfspiders.

In the Dry Periods you can harvest dead fish in the river bed.

Your Goal is to wipe out both slavemakers and wood ants.

Talon

Queen
I have another idea. There could be a level in which you had a choice of standing your ground or moving your colony. The water would rise to such a point that you only had a small aphid farm. The water would rise over the course of a few days for preparation. You could also try to invade a AI nest of ants, kill the queen, then make it your own. If you choose to stay, during the night you will face waves of enemies like Devil's Coach Beetles, Beach Spiders, and Hermit Crabs.
My idea about that:

2.3 Conquerer of the Hill

This mission is very similar to 2.2.

One huge wood ant Nest thrones at the top and it controlls 2-4 ahid farms (Ladybugs and DCHs at night like in 2.2). Two Black Ant Colonies controll the lower level. They have some seeds (and fighting each other for that) and harvest dead fish at the lowest level. (as 2.2 at night they have to deal with crabs)

At the lowest level between all the dead fish (and maybe shrimp) is your young wood ant colony.

First you have to conquer one of the black ant nests, before your own nest gets wet.
Than you must take over the wood ant nest at the highest level, before your new nest gets lost in the water.
If not wiped out by you, the other black ant colony will also try to conquer the nest at the high ground.

You win the level, when all other colonies are dead and your Queen is the new Queen of the Hill.

Mr_Ced

Colony
Really cool suggestion, but I was looking for a scenario in which you have a choice. Really great idea! (I was leaning on free-play without knowing it.)