[Linux] The overworld is a bit broken visually

thecowofdoom

Min bil är inte lik din bil, det är en likbil
First time look at the surface shows a visual bug all around the edge. Black tiles instead of What I hope should be something else. It does not occur on the area accessible by the ants.

PurHaQf.jpg

thecowofdoom

The bug seems to effect most tiles bordering a lower elevation, only in the overworld. It seems to affect all overworld areas. It's also present in minigame 2.1 "rising tide".

3WlHNQ2.jpg

Fellow linux user here. Have experienced same bug. Otherwise, I'm super impressed with everything. It's rare that a linux early access game has this few bugs.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Have passed this onto Matt. If you guys could post system specs and Linux distro info that might speed up the bug fixing process :)

Oozenthor

Larva
Same issue here. Both Openbox and KDE with Compositor on & off.
Arch Linux. 4.14.3-1-ARCH 64bit
nvidia GTX960
i5-3570k, 16GB ram
Other than this issue the game plays flawlessly to the end, awesome job guys. I hadn't played an ant game since Maxis SimAnt and when I saw this I bought it on the spot.

Unipeg

Larva
yes i have the same bug. I have also noticed the ant do not always go to the scent markers.
I have mainly seen in the formicarium.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Unipeg said:
yes i have the same bug. I have also noticed the ant do not always go to the scent markers.

Ants form a trail from the marker to the queen; they won't always hang out at the pheromone marker.

thecowofdoom

Mike said:
Have passed this onto Matt. If you guys could post system specs and Linux distro info that might speed up the bug fixing process :)

system: intel i7 6700k @4GHz, nvidia gtx 970, 16 GB RAM, Asus Z170-A mobo.

Debian 8.9

Matt

Worker
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Hi Linux users - just a quick update, I've managed to recreate this on my end and I'm trying to figure it out.

It looks like it's to do with some random mesh perturbations I apply to 'cliff-edge' tiles. Strange thing is, I do something similar underground and yet everything seems OK underground.

Will keep this thread up to date with any incoming fixes, as and when I find them!