(Mac) Rising Tide Worker Glitch

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
When I select the level Rising Tide, mortar ants, and hard mode, at least four of the starting workers have the appearance of formica fusca. This is a very, very minor glitch, but even when the level is restarted or I quit out, the workers don't get fixed.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
This is intended, but not explained - in the wild, one of the ways a Formica rufa queen can start a new colony is by killing a Formica fusca queen and taking her brood has her own!

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I never noticed that... that's really attention to detail there! I'll be sure to look for them on level 2.1.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Raptorofwar said:
I never noticed that... that's really attention to detail there! I'll be sure to look for them on level 2.1.

You can thank Serafine for this one - it was his idea, it was super-easily to implement; perfect combination.

Granogg

Worker
I also considered this an awesome detail and in fact pondered if it was intentional - good that that's answered now ;) I also liked finding the other dead queen, one that apparently was not successful when founding a colony! I hope we get *lots* more of such awesome details when playing through the dozens of ant species that will be implemented, right? Right? :p