mating flight prep/ tutorial

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I was thinking of a before the game tutorial. Before the mating flight happens and your queen settles down, aka the start of the game. You control the Your queen in the virgin queen chamber, A prompt shows you how to move around. She makes a noise indicating that she's hungry, you take her to the nearby food tile. You some food but suddenly an earwig comes through threw wall and the queen runs.

You then temporary control five soldier a bit away, you have to kill the earwig in a certain amount of time. When you kill the earwig you resume control of the queen. Then you walk out of the mega colonies nest. A cutscene happens and the game begins.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
Hey Mike, instead of PG can it be E for everyone or Pegi whatever? It suits regional rating for gaming and such.

Planemaster

Worker
I think it would be preferable if the game was more focused on building a colony and not such dramatic action game.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
Your right planemaster. I just thought we could an impressive opening like in We Happy Few, and you could learn about the mega-colony a bit.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
You then temporary control five soldier a bit away, you have to kill the earwig in a certain amount of time. When you kill the earwig you resume control of the queen.
An EARWIG?
You kidding me?

Did you see what these things do to spiders? They can easily wipe out five ants, you'd need at least 20-30 ants to deal with one (or about 2-3 really big ones, like Camponotus majors).
Their pincers aren't just for defense they are actually an attack tool they use to grab and crush their prey (either by bending it over the head or by doing some sort of 180° Karate roundhouse grab-kick). Earwigs are extremely effective predators that prey on other invertebrates (mostly beetles and spiders) and a grave threat to small group of ants.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
"R for Rant"

What I meant were those devil horse beetle things. In my area that I live, i see bugs that look like an earwig but are much smaller and are about the size of a queen argentine ant and a worker. So I thought those were earwigs because the pincers look pretty much the same.

So because I had never seen the size of an actual earwig, I thought those were earwigs!

It was lazy that day and I didn't feel like looking around the place to see what those devil horse beetle larvae were called. To me, the DHBL looked like the earwigs that I thought were earwigs so I said that.

PS: I live in southern California near SanDiego if you're looking to see what those fake earwigs are.