Minims get Stuck in Walls

MedinB

Colony
Yet again, movement code problems. Like there was a weird glitch where when a bug glitched out when it was on the edge of an island,

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Basically makes freeplay unplayable. Hopefully we'll get a fix in the near future.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Pretty much the title. They walk through the walls and get stuck, sometimes they do not but it stalls my progress nevertheless.
I have encountered the same thing just now:

The game froze at the end as soon as I dug out the minims.

Shortly thereafter the game resumed:
Unfortunately the minims did not resume whatever they were doing.

Edit: From where they are stuck and what happened right before, I suspect minim panicing to maybe have something to do with it?
(Right before wave 1 attacked I did not see any minims stuck in walls, and my economy did not feel as stagnant as it did after the attack.)

Another edit:
It almost looks like my default nest structure (see profile picture) might prevents minims from getting stuck in my other sessions?

Last edited:

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I have had this issue even with nest invasions turned off, both at the very start of the game and later on, so it is unlikely to be related to panic.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I have had this issue even with nest invasions turned off, both at the very start of the game and later on, so it is unlikely to be related to panic.
As you can see my minims here are not stuck, and I did not see any that were stuck there (yet).
20200107101206_1.jpg
Maybe it has something to do with minims walking past walls more than 1 tile wide? As all walls they get near here are only a single tile wide.
(With this build style I have yet to encounter minims getting stuck on/in walls.)

Edit:
I eventually did see one minim getting stuck before a swarm of mixed creatures (wave 5) mowed down my ants by stunlocking them and killed the queen. But for some reason the game did not end there? Bug post time! (Cracks knucles)

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Most of the minims that get stuck are actually inside the walls. I have seen them walk right through walls like they were non-existent.
Then the best way to prevent minims from getting stuck in walls is to not have walls? (According to logic, I think?)
Or have few enough walls for it to not cripple the nest?