[Minor priority] Red-Black Formica fusca

MBargo

Woo hoo!
Backer
Beta Tester
I know, I know, I'm probably too fussy, but Formica fucsa are whole black :p

I didn not see any Formica species witch such coloration (nevertheles, I like it!) but it will be more like Formica rufibarbis (you can see their queen on my avatar; or other B&Red Serviformica subgenus which might become host of ants from Formica sensu stricto subgenus).

Formica rufibarbis are known from that their coloration is not that stable - there are workers with more or less red on thorax inside one colony.

There are also other R&B species of Formica (and I know only European myrmecofauna), but I suppose it would be not right to call it with any Formica species that belong to Formica sensu stricto subgenus (such as Formica rufa, F. pratensis, F. polyctena, F. truncorum and etc. or F. sanguinea which belongs to Raptiformica) because they do not become slaves.. They make slaves :p

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Sometimes you can't quite be true to reality for game play purposes - you need to be able to tell at a glance what colony the ants are from, which is why all of the ants in your Formica ereptor colony will have a red colouring, of some description, no matter what species they originally came from.

If we were making a pure simulation, this would likely not be the case, but it has to be this way because it's a game.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
MBargo, think of it as the gene stealers queen mixing her DNA with the Formica DNA that causes her hybrid ants to have those stripes.

Mike when you make an in-game Wikipedia where the player can learn more things about the lore of the game, put what I just said about the DNA splicing in there.