More types of ants

Peach76

Larva
Okay so I was thinking like, queens lay special larvae that are females and are sent out to find a male ant to mate with and then create a colony. It would be cool to run multiple colonies at once :3 Or more species, like the honey pot ant, or weaver ants, or ants with wings for navigation, if you create bigger maps or different types of campaigns.Another cool ant is the Cardiocondyla Obscurior ant. He is the only male ant and the dominant male that stops others from trying to look for mates in his colony. OH OR the Temnothorax pilagens/pillage ants. They basically steal other larvae to do slave labor. Barbaric, I know. The Solenopsis fugax is like a pillage ant, but it just eats the larvae. That's not the cool part. The cool thing is it creates a 'tear gas' pheromones to keep adult ants away. Mirror turtle ants are ants that mimic other ant species to steal their food. There are dinosaur ants, where they don't have a queen, but an alpha female who is surrounded by 5 betas just in case something happens to the alpha. There are also 'crazy ants'. They can CLONE themselves. Different sub species can spray acid or eat crabs or they can protect themselves with their own poison, making a liquid that hasn't been seen in nature yet. Yeah, so there are some ideas! I love your game so much and I can't wait to see more content come out.

I can actually think of a few ways to implement some of your ideas. Honeypots could be a buffing ant, giving healing bonuses to other ants around them, I don't know how weavers would be handled just because of how they build nests so differently. The slave maker ants have been seen before in 1.2, but now that we have the addition of other colonies you can invade might work as a playable colony.
The fugax would be a good way to really put the new mechanic of colony invasion into focus, and the cloud could be be used as a confusion debuff, like the DCH beetles. I feel like the dino ants could be used to introduce mobile queens, and you could gain access to the royal guard as an actual unit. Just some thoughts on how to use these species as units.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Well I never heard of something like male or female ants. The only gendered ants there are are the queens and drones. The drones are male and queens are female I give you that but otherwise all the other ants are female. Those are also the only ants that can fly and also only during their nuptial flight. Otherwise their wings are nothing else than a fashion statement. I actually got some lasius niger ant colonies and some of the queens still got their wings although they usually drop them or rip them of if they don't fall off. Haha
Anyway. Some of the ants you described are slave maker ants. That's where the queen is a fake queen but she can take control of a nest and can copy the pheromones of that colonies workers. They don't lay eggs except for new drones or queens. Otherwise the workers will go looking for other antcolonies eggs.

Then there are those colonies where every member is a queen unless the current queen and her workers take care of the eggproducing organ which is ripped out. If I remember correctly this is called gammergate.

The honeypot ants would be interesting since the foodtiles would be replaced with those workes as the foodbanks. Would be really interesting to be honest. ^^

It would be interesting to havw those vampire ants which drink the blood of their larvae and puppae. But only a little bit. ^^
They also eat other insects blood but mostly their own youngs.