Multiple queens?

Just a suggestion; you should
make it so you can have multi-queen colonies. I think it would be a great addition. imagine having a supercolony with 8 or 9 queens! and another suggestion; fire ants! I can tell this game has a lot coming for it, and I can already imagine having a colony with more than 800 ants and having multiple queens. keep up the good work!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It might be appropriate for some species. It'll need quite a bit of consideration because an enemy would need to kill all queens to achieve victory.

Also just another suggestion for formicarium mission 4. Make the guy scientist be MORE of a dick and then maybe hr girl walks in I'm the colony being raided and drops the formicarium and the ants have to GUIDE the queen through the lab and maybe set up a colony outside and no longer be bothered by the scientists. Just a thought. I have been wondering why the quern never moves and just sita there and doesn't flee when being attacked with no workers defending her. Shd just let's them kill her.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
Maybe having a second queen could be an upgrade in the upgrade tree. Some ideas for its abilities are for it to give a buff to soldiers, generate royal jelly and territory depending on your score, have it go into battle and fight like a parasitic queen and she only respawns when the challenge is over, have her come to the surface and motivate the soldiers to fight harder with her presence, etc.

some more ideas for abilities are to possibly have the queen be controlled? so you can move her deeper into the nest, or maybe have another "Rising Tide" mission but YOU are one of the lower ground colonies and have to fight your way up.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
some more ideas for abilities are to possibly have the queen be controlled? so you can move her deeper into the nest, or maybe have another "Rising Tide" mission but YOU are one of the lower ground colonies and have to fight your way up.

As mentioned in the FAQ this is unlikely to happen because of how unbalanced it would make the levels.

As mentioned in the FAQ this is unlikely to happen because of how unbalanced it would make the levels.
Well what if it was only for one playable species and a really expensive Ereptor trait that can be gained instead of other queen traits. More queens = weaker queens = balance.