Nest Group Nursery Type Priority Options?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
In a recent attempt at besting myself in the mission 1.2 infinite survival, (for those of you who do not know: crickets = 30 food, now go hunt!), I ran into a problem that ended my queen minutes later.
The crickets had slain my workers to the point where I had no pupea in the nurseries. The one free queen brood chamber worker quickly began work to replenish the colony. She began randomly placing eggs in the brood chambers, most of them soldiers. This made the recovery take too long and eventually resulted in the nest being exterminated by another slavemaker assualt. Had the workers replenished the colony in the right order, the unfortunate end could have been avoided easily.
That is why I am suggesting the adding of priority settings to the nest group. Something as simple as workers first/soldiers first probably solves it.

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
One thing u can do is place workers in a feromon and place the feromon on brood chambers.
i have used this in my 2.1 insane strattegie.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
One thing u can do is place workers in a feromon and place the feromon on brood chambers.
i have used this in my 2.1 insane strattegie.
Yes, that works unless the brood chambers are close together. I tried placing a feromone marker on the queen brood chamber to get those much needed workers but unfortunately they instead chose to (seemingly) randomly place eggs in nearby nurseries.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The queen nurseries should always have top priority, everything else is just dysfuntional. That would give you at least 6 nanitics to work with.

But yes, ant type choice would be great, it could be implemented in the UI somewhere down in the menus as boxes to check (with the three states "don't produce", "normal priority" and "highest priority" aka always serve first).

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The queen nurseries should always have top priority, everything else is just dysfuntional. That would give you at least 6 nanitics to work with.

But yes, ant type choice would be great, it could be implemented in the UI somewhere down in the menus as boxes to check (with the three states "don't produce", "normal priority" and "highest priority" aka always serve first).
Unfortunately right now the queen nurseries don't have priority over regular nurseries. I saw it in that mission 1.2 survival attempt. The workers seemingly randomly picked nursery tiles sometimes far away from the queen to replenish first and since I had more soldiers than workers the soldier tiles were replenished most of all.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Good point! I haven't thought of that. There is an easy way to find out. I will test it tomorrow.
Test complete! I have used a few spaced worker nursery tiles with only one worker placing eggs. The order the eggs were placed in was not nearest to the queen and they were not placed in the order by which the ants died.