New missions, ants and formicarium challenge 4.

Idea Guy

Larva
Hello Slug Disco i got a suggestion and I hope your gonna 100% read it all.
Maybe you should add a new ant, "The honeypot ant", The map of the missions are probably at the edge of a hot or a very dry desert.
They get food from the nectar of the flower which they climb up like the leaf cutters do or from the food fluids, they live in the soil (or sand).
I don't know what the abilities are but to me, some will be fighters or some would probably the healers which gives the nectar from the ant that got attack.
In the desert there would be centipede a new giant enemy which was the scorpion and some more, If there taking a nectar, there metasoma (or abdomen)
Grows because they sip the nectar from the flower then they bring it back to the nest, they feed the queen with bit of a nectar to make the queen continue laying eggs.
Another idea from the formicarium challenge 4, They will fight against 2 colonies with different species but it would be harder then the formicarium challenge 3.
The 3 colonies (including yours) will fight into a deathmatch, The objective are defeat the 2 colonies and if you defeat it you will get alot of the rewards like food and royal jelly. I hope this help from the company and make the game more exciting and more interesting. plus it will make the youtubers like Gamingbeaver get hype. This is my suggestion and i hope You and your team read it.

Last edited:

Idea Guy

Larva
Yes I'm a huge fun of empire of the undergrowth.
If there is something wrong about my suggestion, correct it please.
I know it will take a long time to script this just like the leaf cutters but it will make the game more Interesting and Amazing.
And still, stay strong and keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Maybe you should add a new ant, "The honeypot ant", The map of the missions are probably at the edge of a hot or a very dry desert.
They get food from the nectar of the flower which they climb up like the leaf cutters do or from the food fluids, they live in the soil (or sand).
I don't know what the abilities are but to me, some will be fighters or some would probably the healers which gives the nectar from the ant that got attack.
In the desert there would be centipede a new giant enemy which was the scorpion and some more, If there taking a nectar, there metasoma (or abdomen)
Grows because they sip the nectar from the flower then they bring it back to the nest, they feed the queen with bit of a nectar to make the queen continue laying eggs.
Another idea from the formicarium challenge 4, They will fight against 2 colonies with different species but it would be harder then the formicarium challenge 3.
The 3 colonies (including yours) will fight into a deathmatch, The objective are defeat the 2 colonies and if you defeat it you will get alot of the rewards like food and royal jelly. I hope this help from the company and make the game more exciting and more interesting. plus it will make the youtubers like Gamingbeaver get hype. This is my suggestion and i hope You and your team read it.
Actually that's a cool formicarium challenge idea. But rather then simply introducing 2 other armies of ants for a deathmatch maybe consider linking the formicariums to a large area with a number of insects/food source materials.
Not sure how practical it is but have the evil scientist steal all of your food for the challenge (which he could return at the end) and you have to venture forth with your army collecting food preparing for the fight / taking food from other ants armies so they don't have some crazy number of ants spawn.
Actually this idea now sounds bonkers but totally would be insane.

Idea Guy

Larva
Actually that's a cool formicarium challenge idea. But rather then simply introducing 2 other armies of ants for a deathmatch maybe consider linking the formicariums to a large area with a number of insects/food source materials.
Not sure how practical it is but have the evil scientist steal all of your food for the challenge (which he could return at the end) and you have to venture forth with your army collecting food preparing for the fight / taking food from other ants armies so they don't have some crazy number of ants spawn.
Actually this idea now sounds bonkers but totally would be insane.

Yeah you made my formicarium challenge 4 better!

With honeypot ants the workers could also serve as food storage holding more as they level up becoming encumbered and slowed down when they have too much stored.

Maybe have a certain type of ant that just hangs from the ceiling and ants that collect nectar so when they come back in they feed it to the ones from the ceiling. And when an ant gets damaged they could go to these swollen ants filled with honey and heal.

pakitane16

Colony
Honeypot ants consists of many species in various genus, they both hunt and harvest sweet. With how freeplay difficulty works, repletes of honeypot variants can have ability to double or triple the food harvested from sweets and stored in them (nectar, aphid, scales insect, caterpillar, bee honey, ect.). This grants them long term advantage in food, force them to prioritize renewable food source instead of killing enemies like others. The food bar can use leafcutter bar, green for food in repletes, red for food in generic store, food will be stored and used in red portion first, which means you can get 1.5 times to 2 times of food compared to others with the same harvest speed and number of tiles.

We definitely need a healing ant though, especially for the Atta Majors.
That could be very overpowered. You could find yourself no longer churning over resources to spawn ants and may find the gameplay rapidly change. If the ants weren't strong enough to heal a lot then they'd not be worth taking over offensive ants to bolster your numbers. Are there any species of ants that play a healing type role?

Matabele ants have medic ants that carries the wounded back to nest to heal, they can't heal severe limbs or poisoned victim though. They are termite eater. Check the matabele ant thread.
That would be hard to implement; maybe they could stay in your base near your queen and if you bring your wounded ants back to base they heal them up if that doesn't deviate too much from their real behaviour?