No more larvas?

Exor

Larva
For some reason at this point, I was stuck and unable to finish the challenge because there's no more larvas. The larvas you see in the screenshot is the last larvas I have. After taking this screenshot, I went out and killed a tiger beetle and brought some food in, lost half of my soldiers from that fight then I came back to the ground and noticed that larvas are not being made at all. I had one worker left which should still be able to put some larvas. But the worker just stand and walk around the queen and do nothing. I put all of my ants into nest group and nobody do anything.

I am pretty sure this is a bug. Just wasted an hour of playing that challenge. :(

Screenshot:

pakitane16

Colony
Only worker can do the spawning, building and digging, with digging being priority. Looking at this picture, it seems that you give your only 1 worker too many tasks. Sending your soldiers to death doesn't help, that worker may randomly choose to spawn soldiers instead of more workers. Just curious, what difficulty and mode is this, how can you survive an hour with this many ants?

Exor

Larva
Hello, thank you for your reply. The one worker you saw literally did nothing, the worker just wandering around near queen. The worker did nothing. But when the worker actually died, ONLY one worker was born from "invisible" larva on the left of the screenshot but that's it. It seems only one worker. Why didn't the worker just put larvas? I even cancel all the orders such as digging, building and digging, the worker still does nothing, wandering around the queen as usual.

This difficulty was "easy" and I picked mortar. The mode is uh, I think 2.1 or 2.2, can't remember which. I was being careful and managed to collected two big food area without fighting tiger beetle. Although I did fight some of other wood ants. As well as fighting/collecting food from within underground. Mortar ants actually helped a lot in this mode.

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
One thing u could try is to put the workers in a feromone and place the feromone in the tiles, if the worker is not glitchd he will pick an egg and place somewhere near the feromon.
I used this to force my ants to spaw more worker when i m playing on insane difficultys. It realy help a lot.

MedinB

Colony
Hello, thank you for your reply. The one worker you saw literally did nothing, the worker just wandering around near queen. The worker did nothing. But when the worker actually died, ONLY one worker was born from "invisible" larva on the left of the screenshot but that's it. It seems only one worker. Why didn't the worker just put larvas? I even cancel all the orders such as digging, building and digging, the worker still does nothing, wandering around the queen as usual.

This difficulty was "easy" and I picked mortar. The mode is uh, I think 2.1 or 2.2, can't remember which. I was being careful and managed to collected two big food area without fighting tiger beetle. Although I did fight some of other wood ants. As well as fighting/collecting food from within underground. Mortar ants actually helped a lot in this mode.
Okay, the new path finding is almost out, it seems like now we have more path finding issues, once this new path finding is out you shouldn't see this anymore. (I'm sure)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
If the worker was walking around then I do not think this is a pathing issue. Not sure what has happened here. I can echo the comments about there being a lot of digging jobs and building jobs however they does not explain why it was walking around the queen. Its possible that it was stuck elsewhere and what you spotted near the queen was another ant (hard to tell without the creature info turned on). I will keep an eye on this happening but this must be rare hopefully this will not happen again for you!