None responsive ants

jawnSea

Larva
:mad:
Very frustrating to play a RTS with non responsive units. After a certain point in freeplay mode stress test i found that ants will no long obey commands and instead will race to the edge of the map and stay their until they are killed. This happens when there are to many things trying to enter the mound. Perfect example i turned attack mode off on my ants and 3 tiger beetles entered my nest, at that point my ants could no longer enter the nest so they decided to race to the corners closest to my and mound This would be bottom left and bottom right. I tried to replicate this event and it happened again when i had 500 ants try and enter the mound at once.
This could easily be fixed by making ants responsive in real time in the Free play mode. I understand that in the campaign you want it to be more authentic but in free play mode where their are things rushing into my nest while im trying to get out or get in causes ants to bug out. Pun was intended.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Thanks for the report - there have been several similar ones so we're seeing a pattern here. It's a glitch in movement and pathing which is having effects in a few different systems but it's not caused by ant response times - which we're not keen on changing.